To setup Replication Manager you must perform the following tasks:
1) Verify that your environment has the minimum required storage hardware and that the hardware has a standard CLARiiON configuration.
2) Confirm that your Replication Manager hosts (server and clients) are connected to the CLARiiON environment through a LAN connection.
3) Zone the fibre switch appropriately (if applicable). The clients must be able to access all storage arrays they are using and the mount hosts must be able to access all storage in the EMC Replication Storage group.
4) Install all necessary software on each Replication Manager client , server, and mount host. Also install the appropriate firmware and software on the CLARiiON array itself.
5) Modify the clarcnfg file to represent all CLARiiON Arrays.
6) On Solaris hosts, verify that there are enough entries in the sd.conf file to support all dynamic mounts of replica LUNs.
7) Install Replication Manager Client software on each client that has an application with data from which you plan to create replicas.
8) Create a new user account on the CLARiiON and give this new account privileges as an administrator. Replication Manager can use this account to access and manipulate the CLARiiON as necessary.
9) Grant storage processor privileges through the agent tab of storage processor properties to allow aviCLI.jar commands from Replication Manager Client Control Daemon (irccd) process to reach the CLARiiON storage array.
10) Update the agent.config file on each client where Replication Manager is installed to include a link to: user system@
11) Verify that you have Clone Private LUNs set up on your CLARiiON storage array. --Create a mount storage group for each mount host and make sure that storage group contains at least one LUN, and that the LUN is visible to the mount host. This LUN does not have to be dedicated or remain empty; you can use it for any purpose. However if no LUNs are visible to the Replication Manager mount host, Replication Manager will not operate.
12) Create a storage group named EMC Replication Storage and populate it with free LUNs that you created in advance for Replication Manager to use for storing replicas.
13) Start the Replication Manager Console and connect to your Replication Manager server. You must perform the following steps:
a) Register all Replication Manager clients
b) Run Discover Arrays
c) Run Configure Array for each array discovered
d) Run Discover Storage for each array discovered